Cross-legged forward fold.
This movement will relax your lower back and will exercise your gluteus medius, hamstrings and also the tensor fascia latae.
- Stand upright. Cross your right leg over your left one.
- Make sure to fully inculcate your feet on the ground.
- Slightly bend both your knees.
- While holding the spine straight, aim to fold forward and down on the ground.
- If needed, bend your knees more if you cannot reach the ground.
- When reaching the ground, your hands shouldn’t be wider than your shoulders. Then, try to spread your hands on the side, one on the right and the other on the left. Hold the position for some eight unhurried breaths.
- Close your arms in the previous position and gently stand up.
- Switch legs.