Kapotasana (Pigeon Pose).
This yoga movement will strengthen and exercise your hips, lower back as well as glutes.
- Position yourself in the table top position. Support your weight with your knees and hands.
- Move your right leg forward so that the shin relies on the mat.
- Extend your left leg back so that it fully relies on the mat. Also, your left leg should be in line with your left hip.
- Inhale to extend your spine and hold your chest up.
- While exhaling you can extend your arms forward reaching for the mat’s front.
- Hold the position for eight breaths.
- Switch sides.